Our Work

Enter our Donor Conversion Contest

Most nonprofit organizations add more new donors during the months of November and December than any other time of year. This is the prime season for new donor acquisition. That’s the good news.

The bad news? Typically less than half of those new donors will ever give to you again.

ENTER OUR CONTEST – WIN A KINDLE E-BOOK READER – AND LEARN HOW TO CONVERT YOUR NEW DONORS INTO REGULAR GIVERS!

Many veteran fundraisers believe that the “conversion rate,” referring to the number of new donors that make a second gift and “convert” to
multi donors, is the single most important barometer of long-term success for an organization. Most statisticians would agree.

Getting a second gift from a donor will dramatically increase the odds that you’ll get another gift in the future. That’s why you should be planning now how you are going to go after those new donors that make their first gift to you this November and December. If you can increase the
number of new donors converting with a second gift by even 5% or 10% it will likely increase your overall renewal numbers by 25% to 35%.

So with this in mind we are announcing a new contest to gather the best ideas for new donor conversion strategies.

  • The winner will receive a new Kindle e-book reader.
  • We’ll share the top ideas in a future Currents email so that you can learn in time to start converting more new donors in the new year.

Just email your best conversion strategy idea to Christa@newrivercommunications.com and put the words “CONVERSION CONTEST” in the subject line of your email. Our panel of experts will evaluate the ideas and choose a winner.


This is a great idea for us to all learn from each other how best to tackle the tricky challenge of converting new donors. Don’t miss out on the chance to win a Kindle. Email your best conversion strategy idea today!

Katapult MarketingEnter our Donor Conversion Contest